On Thursday, my grade went to Camp Hanes for an overnight field trip. My grade took two big buses, and it took us two hours to get to Camp Hanes. When we got there,we played games with the counselors. After about 20 minutes, we got our cabin assignments. The cabins were nice, and I slept on the bottom bunk. We put all our luggage in cabins, then we went to the field to play games. We could play tether ball, basketball, soccer, and way more. Overall we got to Camp Hanes with no problem.

After the games, we went to the cafeteria. For lunch on Thursday, we were served Chicken and Macaroni and cheese. On Thursday for dinner we were served Spaghetti. Fridays breakfast was the best. We had Eggs, Bacon, Pop Tarts, Yogurt, and much more. I enjoyed the dinning at Camp Hanes.

My first activity was the hike. The hike was quite steep, but it was fun. At one point it was so steep, we had to hold onto a rope to climb up. When we got to the top, the view was breathtaking. We could see the whole camp, and even Winston-Salem which was about an hour away. After that, I did team building activities and canoeing. The next day I played games in the gym.

When we had to leave, I was very sad. I got on the bus then sat in a seat near the back. On our way back we watched Ratatouille. Hurricane Ian was causing a lot of rain, but luckily we got back safely. Overall, this was a great experience and I’d do it again.