This past summer, I had to read Finding Someplace, by Denise Lewis Patrick. Finding Someplace is about a girl who’s about to turn 13, but before her birthday Hurricane Katrina hits. Her mom and dad are at work, and call her Uncle to see if he can pick her up. As her Uncle is on his way, the highways get shut down. She packs a backpack with water, snacks, important documents, and some money. She stays at her neighbors house, until a boat picks her up. She goes to the SuperDome, and someone steals her important documents and her phone. Then, her parents find her. 

If I were in this situation, I would also bring a backpack. I would bring a solar powered flashlight and some money. I also would take water bottles, and a pool floaty. I would take my passport and important documents, and some of my parents valuables. In my backpack I also have books, my IPad and a power bank, and a lighter just in case I have to light a fire. I need dry food, and I can’t have something that needs to be cooked because it would go bad in my backpack. I would take a knife to protect myself, and pepper spray. I need candy and some chocolate because I have a sweet tooth. I need a tent, and three sets of clothing. This is what I would bring in my backpack. 

2 thoughts on “My Backpack