Dear reader, have you ever read The Last Cuentista? I have, and I highly recommend it. The Last Cuentista is an sci-fi fan it’sabout a girl named Petra, and earth is about to be destroyed by a meteor. In order to escape, you have to leave the earth. The only people leaving earth is The Collective. The Collective is a dystopian society that leaves the planet, but they brain wash everyone on the ship. Well, almost everyone. Petra still has her memories, and has to escape before it’s too late. In doing so, she brings 3 other kids along.This book has action, adventure, and suspense. On every page my class was itching to know what happened next. I hope you read it, and enjoy it like I did!

After reading this book, my class thought about what our ideal world would be. We wrote about it, and it was a fun project. I named mine Kepler, and based it off a techy world. With a GDP of 35.23 trillion dollars, Kepler has the highest economy in the solar system. After we designed our ideal world, local artist Peg Gignoux came in to help us make our books. After we made our books, we glued our ideal world in, and we glued our cuento in.

Cuento? What’s that? In The Last Cuentista, Petra was a story teller who loved cuentos. A cuento is a short story, and Petra whould tell the children them. We made our own cuentos, and I chose to make one on how my mom and dad met in Miami. After writing my cuento, I glued my cuento into Kepler. Writing my cuento was a lot of fun, and you should try it to.